Two arrested by UK police after facebook video shows Koran burning
Two people in the UK have been arrested for posting a video to social media showing a man burning a Muslim religious text, APa reports quoting sputniknews.
The video, posted to YouTube and Facebook, shows a tattooed man complaining to the camera that he’s having trouble starting a bonfire, saying, "I’ve been trying to get my poxy fire started for half-hour wondering what sh*t I can get it going with."
The man then shows a paperback copy of the Koran. "And then I found this," he explains. "And it worked, all I’ve got left is the poxy, sh*tty cover and look, that’s on the fire as well."He then begins ripping out pages and tossing them into the flames.
The video surfaced days after a terror attack on London Bridge, in which a car mowed into pedestrians before the car’s passengers and driver then exited the vehicle and began stabbing people, leaving eight dead and dozens injured.
Some of the attackers were reportedly radicalized by watching videos of Islamic extremists.
Fahad Khan, a cousin by marriage of the attack’s suspected ringleader Khuram Butt, told the Independent, "Khuram, I know he was inspired by one of the sheikhs who was giving lectures on YouTube, and he belonged to one specific sector of Islam which had very rigid and strict views … Videos about fighting non-Muslims for no reasons, innocent non-Muslims."
Related news releases
- 18.02.2018Armenian President suggests normalizing relations with Turkey through a new document
- 18.02.2018Latvian Central Bank Governor detained in corruption probe
- 18.02.2018Small earthquake hits Britain, strongest for 10 years
- 18.02.2018Thousands rally against Munich Security Conference in Germany
- 17.02.2018Sweden grants citizenship to scientist sentenced to death in Iran
- 17.02.2018Blast at Agricultural Plant in Northern France Leaves 2 Killed
- 17.02.2018Georgian, Turkish PMs discuss regional transport projects
- 17.02.2018Moldova to host summit of GUAM prime ministers
- 17.02.2018Lavrov: Russia Ready for partnership with EU, US based on mutual respect
- 17.02.2018Turkey, US joint statement alludes to YPG terror group
- 16.02.2018Uncertainty reigns in final polls ahead of Italy election
- 16.02.2018Tillerson: US will 'work on' its Manbij promises given to Turkey
- 16.02.2018Tillerson: 'US, Turkey will act together'
- 16.02.2018Two killed in Turkish military training plane crash
- 16.02.2018UK Business leaders propose partial customs union with EU
- 16.02.2018PM Yildirim sends condolences to US Vice President
- 16.02.2018Turkish president, US secretary of state meet for 3 hours and 15 minutes in Ankara - UPDATED
- 15.02.201822 families evacuated after huge sinkhole opens up in Rome
- 15.02.2018Turkey, Germany vow to improve strained ties
- 15.02.2018U.S. State Secretary arrives in Turkey
- 15.02.2018Leading Swiss rail company to construct carriage-building and repair plant in Tbilisi
- 15.02.2018Turkey’s opposition leader Kilicdaroglu hospitalized
- 15.02.2018NATO to modernize command structure
- 14.02.2018Turkish defense min. meets US counterpart in Brussels
- 14.02.2018France will strike Syria if chemical weapons use proven
- 14.02.2018Saakashvili promises more protests in Ukraine
- 14.02.2018Turkish, Greek prime ministers speak over phone
- 13.02.2018Martin Schulz resigns as German SPD chief
- 13.02.20183 killed as migrant boat capsizes in NW Turkey
- 13.02.2018Dutch foreign minister resigns after lying about Putin
- 13.02.2018UK judge refuses to withdraw arrest warrant for Assange
- 13.02.2018Turkish defense head attends anti-Daesh meeting in Rome
- 13.02.2018N. Ireland power-sharing talks enter ‘decisive phase’
- 13.02.2018One killed, 22 hurt in Austrian train crash: police
- 12.02.2018Ukraine deports Saakashvili on charter flight to Poland - border service
- 12.02.2018Georgia believes in power of dialogue in resolving regional conflicts, minister says
- 12.02.201831 Turkish soldiers killed since Afrin op launched, military says
- 11.02.2018SBU detained an Azerbaijani citizen wanted by Interpol
- 11.02.2018The biggest problem of Ukraine is corruption – Poroshenko
- 10.02.2018Anti-racism protest after migrant shooting in Italy
- 13.06.2017G7 summit ends in Italy without US pledge on Paris deal - UPDATED
- 13.06.2017UK needs unity for challenges of Brexit and security
- 13.06.2017Uber CEO takes leave of absence amid crises
- 13.06.2017Earthquake kills one person on Greek island of Lesvos - UPDATED
- 12.06.2017Turkey calls on N. Iraq to reconsider referendum bid
- 12.06.2017UK urges Gulf states to ease blockade against Qatar